Sunday, September 19, 2010

Dedicated to Good Food

My name is Asif and I am a bit obsessed when it comes to food. I absolutely love it.  My life revolves around eating and the pleasure that comes from it. You have to eat, so you might as well enjoy it!


However, I am a bit of a prude.  I won't just eat anything.  I believe in good, wholesome and quality ingredients. Tradition and simplicity have great value, but experimentation is not out of the question; rather, it is a rule. Also, another rule is that things are almost always better from scratch.


I do not believe in the waste, nor do I ever follow a recipe exactly.


In reading my submissions, I hope that we can learn from each other, as I would love to hear your comments and tips! The learning never ends.


The title of this blog is Quanto Basta, which is a measurement used in Italian cooking meaning "as much as is needed".  Some of the world's best cooking arises out of just that.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment